I have been giving Reiki treatments for many years now and many people who come to me know the benefits of having a treatment.
Many tell me that they feel mentally and physically relaxed, uplifted, lighter and calmer. They feel more focussed and more able to deal with situations in their life. One client tells me that when she starts to allow work situations to build up in her mind that are leading her down the road of stress and anxiety she knows it’s time for a Reiki treatment as it helps her to ‘shake-off’ these feelings and bring clarity and focus back into play.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a form of hands on (or hands off) healing treatment. The word Reiki has two parts – Rei and Ki. Rei means Universal Spirit and Ki means life force energy. So the word Reiki translates as Universal life-force energy. The Reiki system that is mainly used in the UK today was developed and practiced by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan in 1922 when he set up a healing clinic.
When Reiki energy is given as a treatment the practitioner acts as a channel and allows the healing energy to pass through them to the client. During this non-intrusive treatment you will lie fully clothed on a therapy couch where you can drift away and return feeling relaxed and calm.
Reiki energy works holistically on the mind, body and spirit and works by re-attuning and harmonising the body’s own vibrational energies and healing systems. Whether you choose to have a treatment for health and balance or ill health and stress, Reiki will have an effect on your energy levels. After a treatment you may experience an almost immediate effect on a physical condition. Chronic or longer standing conditions usually require more treatments to resolve as they have taken longer to manifest.
So why would you have a Reiki treatment?
On a physical level Reiki can:-
- Reduce physical pain such as a headache, an injury etc.
- Soothe sore muscles
- Help with the healing process after surgery
- Aid sleep and relaxation.
On an emotional level it can:-
- Immediately affect and calm stress and tension
- Soothe and pacify negative emotions such as anger, fear, anxiety and sadness
- Increase positive feelings of love, compassion and kindness.
On a mental level it can:-
- Increase clarity of thought
- Increase creativity and focus
- Help you to become aware of any thoughts that are not serving you and release them.
On a spiritual level it can:-
- Stimulate feelings of compassion and connection towards yourself
- Inspire feelings of self-love, peace and serenity within
- Instigate transformation and self-development
- Increase feelings of gratitude and wholeness.
If you’re looking for a way of helping you to relax, reduce pain, gain some focus and clarity, try a Reiki treatment. Treatments are available in Tamworth and Knowle. For a chat and to book your treatment contact me by emailing email@example.com or ring me on 07751 942234