Reflexology is an ancient art dating back thousands of years. It was first practised by the Indian, Chinese and Egyptian peoples.
Foot reflexology works on the principle that all organs and glands of the body are represented by a reflex point on the feet and hands. By applying pressure to these points the body can start the process of self balance. It is a relaxing, non-intrusive treatment which prompts inner balance and harmony.
Reflexology treatments can help greatly to give relief from many physical, mental or emotional conditions. Some areas where reflexology can help include reducing aches and pain, promoting relaxation, assisting in helping the body to get rid of toxins, decreasing the frequency of headaches, reducing stress and anxiety, lessening fatigue, enhance your blood flow, increasing your energy levels, improving your immune system and promoting a sense of well-being.
Reflexology can benefit just about everyone. People it can help include:-
- The elderly
- People suffering with arthritis
- Anyone suffering with aches and pain
- People with fertility problems
- People with digestive conditions or disorders
- People suffering from great levels of stress, anxiety and tension
- People who have problems sleeping
- People who are in a constant state of fatigue
This gentle, non-intrusive holistic treatment is performed on the face.
Just as foot reflexology works on the basis that the body is represented in the feet, facial reflexology works on the principle that the body is represented on the face too. Using gentle pressures and stroking techniques, facial reflexology releases tension in facial muscles and also in the body.
Facial reflexology is not only relaxing but can also:-
- Release tension throughout the body
- Improve sleep
- Reduce lines and wrinkles by stimulate facial nerves, muscles and tissues
- Improve skin and muscle tone
- Improve mood
- Restore balance and harmony to the body
After this 45 minute clients have reported feeling deeply relaxed, calmer, more focused and uplifted. Why not increase you relaxation session to 60 minute by adding a 15 minute Reiki treatment or a relaxing foot massage.