Coconut oil is becoming more popular for its health and beauty benefits. It is said to be the healthiest dietary oil and one of nature’s most amazing foods.
Here are some facts about it:-
- Coconut oil is a stable oil and unlike other oils it doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures and has amazing nutritional properties. It’s also great to use in smoothies.
- It’s best to use ‘virgin’ varieties of coconut oil and stay away from processed (hydrogenated) coconut oils as these contain the bad fats.
- Coconut oil contains short and medium-chain fatty acids which help to speed up your metabolism therefore is good for weight loss.
- It is great to use directly on your skin, hair and nails to keep them nourished and moisturised. It is an excellent oil to use in a massage and is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also a great for anti-ageing as it delays the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin. It can also help to treat various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- It is said to be good for lowering cholesterol, strengthening the immune system and controlling diabetes.
- It can reduce the risk of some degenerative conditions, boost key mineral absorption (calcium and magnesium) and reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- The research conducted by Dr. Newport says that coconut oil helps with brain activity and is an aid for the prevention of conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.