We use our feet every day. From the moment we step out of bed to the time we get back in again.
They carry us from place to place and most of us don’t give them a second thought. We sometimes abuse them by squeezing them into ill-fitting shoes and trainers causing pain and discomfort. So how are your feet doing? Just as we wash, scrub and moisturise our face and body and we shampoo, condition and pamper our hair, our feet need some TLC too.
Some easy to follow tips on looking after your feet
- For the best fit leave buying new shoes towards the end of your day. You’re less likely to buy shoes that are too small as your feet will be tired and slightly swollen.
- Let air circulate around them by wear open-toed sandals or open slippers as much as possible.
- Wear shoes that give support to your arches, soles and ankles.
- Look after them just as you would do your body, face and hair. Wash, soak, scrub and dry well. Keep nails neat and moisturise them.
- There are some great products on the market. Have a look at these NYR Organic products.
- Get someone else to give your feet a treat and go for a foot massage or pedicure or book in for a relaxing reflexology treatment.
- If you have problems with your feet or to prevent problems occurring pay a visit to a foot care specialist or a chiropodist. Problems with your feet can affect your knees, hips and back too.
So show your feet some love and respect and have happy, healthy feet.